Monday, December 9, 2013

Sleepy Hollow - 2013/2014



Task:  In this task, I had to completely painted out the actor's green screen head and collar.  I did this by tracking in a single clean plate I created in Photoshop of what it might look like behind him. I then solved the camera in nuke and tracked it to match the plate. Afterwards I had to color correct it to make sure it matches the surrounding colors and pulsating live action fire as well as the glow from the overhead blue light.
Finally the compositor (Brandon Criswell) comped in the CG neck and collar to make for a seamless integration for the final output.

Software: NukeX, Photoshop






Task: For this shot, they drew black veins on the actor's face and bodies with a sharpie.  This was done for the story, where the water in the well heals them for the virus that takes over their body.
So my task was to completely paint out the black veins as if they were never there.  I used Photoshop to build clean plates for all areas that had veins IE: cheek, nose, forehead, neck, chest, etc.  Next I solved the camera, built some rough geometry of the face, chest, neck.  Then I projected my clean patches onto the geometry and attached the tracker to it.  Of course I had to adjusted the patches with a corner pin, grid warper/spline warper, and a transform.  Finally, I color corrected each patch and added motion blur and grain for the final shot. (I had some help with the boy by one of my senior painters -Duff Chung-Pu Hsiao, because of the 2 day turn around time for this shot.)

Software: NukeX, Photoshop






Task: In this shot I had to paint out the green screen head as well as replace the wall and all the elements of sparks and flickering lights from the plate.  I created a clean plate in Photoshop and used nuke's curve tool to help color correct the flickering lights and drastic dark to light adjustments.  I had to counter animate the color correct to get it as close as possible to the original plate.  Afterwards, I keyed back in the falling sparks and painted out the prosthetic neck where it was glued onto the actors shoulders.
Final composite was done by (Lori Miller) where she comped in the CG neck and eyes to plate.

Software: Nuke, Photoshop

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2647544/?ref_=nm_flmg_vsl_3

No comments:

Post a Comment